Jennifer Paskiewicz-Astarita believes that everyone should have the opportunity to find true happiness and reach their full potential. She believes that the first step towards your goals is finding the right therapist for you. If a person doesn’t feel understood, change is more difficult to achieve. She’s the kind of therapist that gets right in there. She’s direct, but nurturing and supportive. The clients that see the most success with Jennifer are ready to see REAL CHANGE in their lives. This will also mean doing REAL WORK. She takes a collaborative approach because after all therapy is about YOU and YOUR goals.
Jennifer works with individuals, couples and families on a variety of issues such as: women’s issues, anxiety, depression, self-esteem, grief and loss, separation and divorce, stress management, co-parenting and more. As a marriage and family therapist, she will diagnose and treat mental health issues from a systematic lens and consider a person’s relationships, family, community, and culture to identify treatment needs and goals.
Jennifer has 8 years of clinical training in therapeutic interventions and systems theory. She earned a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Sociology from Albertus Magnus College, a Master’s of Science Degree in Human Services from Albertus Magnus College, a Master of Marriage and Family Therapy Degree from Southern Connecticut State University, Advanced certification in Gestalt Therapy, and Certification in Reiki I and II. She is a member of the American Association of Marriage and Family Therapy (AAMFT), and the Connecticut Association of Marriage and Family Therapy (CAMFT).
In addition to traditional therapeutic services, Jennifer offers Reiki session if 30 min. and 1 hr. intervals. Reiki is a Japanese technique for stress reduction and relaxation that also promotes healing. Reiki is known to have many benefits some of which include:
• Promotes physical, mental, emotional and spiritual well-being
• Balances the organs and glands and their bodily functions
• Releases blocks and suppressed feelings
• Promotes natural self-healing; adapts to the natural needs of the receiver
• Reduces stress and helps develop positive ways to cope with stressful situations
• Treats both symptoms and causes of illnesses
• Relieves pain
• Relaxes the mind and provides a sense of clarity, focus and self-awareness
• Addresses conditions of emotional/mental distress
• Address chronic/acute physical problems
• Strengthens the immune system and replenishes vital energy
Jennifer is at FCFT on Mondays and Thursdays.
Anthem Blue Cross/Blue Shield